With engagement season in full swing, I am excited to share several more wedding-related posts on my blog! For those of you that may be newly engaged or planning a wedding, I have a full section of my blog dedicated to wedding posts, which you can find here. In today’s post, I am sharing the outfits that my sister, mom, and I wore to get ready for my wedding day.
I chose not to have a large bridal party for several reasons, the main reason being that when we started planning the wedding, there was a lot of uncertainty about the pandemic and how large of a wedding we were going to be able to have. Therefore, I chose to keep it very simple, asking just my sister to be my matron of honor, and my sweet nieces to be flower girls and one, a junior bridesmaid. I loved how intimate and special the getting ready portion of my day was, having just my mom and sister there with me.
I knew that our photographer would be spending a portion of the day photographing us getting ready, so when discussing this with my mom, she mentioned that she had stumbled upon what she thought would be perfect for us to wear, which were these hydrangea-print shirt dresses from one of my favorite retailers, Tuckernuck.
There were so many things that made these dresses the perfect outfit to get ready in:
- The material is lightweight and cool, which was great for the June heat.
- The dress buttoned down the front, which is important because our makeup and hair were done at this point.
- The dresses could be worn again for other occasions, rather than just at home like the traditional robes or pajamas typically worn to get ready. I ended up bringing mine to wear to wear on my honeymoon to Harbour Island!
- The hydrangea print was a nod to the hydrangeas that were one of the primary flower varieties used for our wedding decor.
- The dresses photographed so well!
My sister and I wore the Oxford Sleeveless Shirt Dress, and my mom wore the Hayes shirt dress, which has sleeves. These dresses are offered in several colorways, including white, blush pink, and blue, which I think are all perfect shades for a bridal party to wear!
A funny story from the day – my dad walked into the kitchen in the morning wearing a shirt in *almost* the same print as our hydrangea dresses! He had no idea that we were wearing these, so we thought it was just too funny that he ended up matching us!
I will always remember this portion of the day, as it was so special. It seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye, like the rest of our wedding day did! Looking back on these photos brings up all of the special memories from the day. If you are planning a wedding this year, I’m wishing you so much joy and fun that this season is sure to bring!
Shop the Post:
Photos by Rachel Red Photography